J.T. Miller re-assigned to Hartford; Taylor Pyatt ready to play

Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Spor

Today's New York Rangers notes.

After having their road-winning streak stopped at five games on Monday night, the Rangers will get a chance to start a new stretch Wednesday night in Florida. On Tuesday, there were a few stories pertaining to the teams' roster. Here are your morning notes.

With the return of a few lineup stalwarts, the Rangers have re-assigned J.T. Miller to Hartford. [Blueshirts Blog] While it's easy to look at this as a demotion, which at face value, it is, this is what's really best for Miller at this point. With Miller probably the team's 14th forward, playing time at the NHL-level might have been few and far between, and for a young player trying to find his game, what's most important at this stage in his career is consistent playing time. (See, Chris Kreider.)

After missing the last eight games after suffering a concussion, Taylor Pyatt is ready to return to the lineup, according to Alain Vigneault. [Rangers Rants]

The Rangers are getting good scoring chances, but need to start finishing them. [Newsday]

Part two of our quarter season report card, which grades the team's defensemen. [Blueshirt Banter]

More from Blueshirt Banter: