Rangers drop Panthers; Michael Del Zotto scratched again; Vigneault mulls a makeover

Robert Mayer-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Happy Thanksigving, Banter community! And a happy Hanukkah to all our tribe members. Aside from getting the most comfortable pair of slippers ever, the Rangers also provided a nice gift on the first night of Hanukkah. After the team had its road-winning streak snapped Monday, the Rangers found their way back into the win column on the road Wednesday night in Florida. There were a lot of pretty positive things to draw for the game, including a power play goal (a Derick Brassard tally), Brad Richards' team-leading seventh goal, and a Rick Nash strike. Pretty obvious, but when the Rangers light the lamp five times, they're going to win the majority of those games. Here are your morning notes.

The Rangers jumped out to a 2-0 lead, and then played some complacent hockey. But the team re-found its game, and put some pressure on Florida to take a 3-0 edge. The Panthers mustered two goals to . Some recaps from last night's action. [Blueshirt Banter] [Daily News] [The Record] [Blueshirts United]

For the fifth time this season, Michael Del Zotto was a healthy scratch. [Blueshirts Blog] There's been rumblings of negotiations with both the Senators and the Maple Leafs. With Toronto scratching Jake Gardiner, further stirring the pot and increasing speculation on a potential trade.

With the Rangers have struggled to find the back of the net, Alain Vigneault is mulling a makeover. [Daily News]

In what seems like an obvious statement as face value, but has some depth to it, Rick Nash said the Rangers needs to shoot to score. [Rangers Rants]

In part three of our quarter-season Rangers report card, we graded the team's bottom-six forwards. [Blueshirt Banter]