Rangers Vs. Ducks Preview: Ryan Callahan Returns To Action

Jeff Gross

The New York Rangers will have Ryan Callahan back in the lineup tonight when they take on the Anaheim Ducks at Madison Square Garden.

After taking advantage of two weaker opponents last week, the New York Rangers will have a tough test ahead of themselves. Tonight the Anaheim Ducks will come to town, and are closing out a lengthy road trip of their own. Over the last eight games on the road the Ducks went 4-2-1, and have been very, very good to start the year. This will be the second match up between these two teams, with the first one being a 6-0 blowout at the hands of the Anaheim Ducks.

The Rangers have started to find their groove during the home stand, and will look to put it to the test tonight against the Ducks, and Wednesday against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Luckily for the Rangers, their captain will be suiting up tonight as Ryan Callahan will be returning from his broken thumb. He was originally expected to miss at least a month, but has only been sidelined for two and a half weeks. Simply put, the man is crazy.

The full lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

VS. Ana

New York Rangers (6-7-0) vs Anaheim Ducks (11-3-1)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:30 PM
Television: MSG, NBCSN, RDS, TSN2 | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Anaheim Calling

Projected Lineup:

Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Benoit Pouliot
Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello
Taylor Pyatt - Derick Brassard - Ryan Callahan
Brandon Mashinter - Brian Boyle - Derek Dorsett

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Michael Del Zotto

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches: Rick Nash (concussion), Dominic Moore (upper-body), Justin Falk (healthy), J.T. Miller (healthy).