FanPost

Thanks to the fans in Section 209

Blueshirts,

My son and I visited New York this weekend and had a great time seeing the sights, the Marathon, the Top of the Rock, breakfast at Barney Greengrass, and lots of time climbing on the rocks in Central Park. We also took in the Canes v. Rangers game. I posted a few weeks ago about whether or not it was a good idea to put a 6 year old in full Canes gear and go to MSG for a game. Turns out, the comments on this site were right on. We were treated very well, and we enjoyed ourselves as much as one can enjoy a 5-1 shellacking when your team apparently didn't bother make the trip.

Anyway, we had a blast. My son left with a good impression of New York and a brand new Knicks jersey. I did make sure that he did not go into the Rangers side of the MSG store, and he had several good-natured offers to trade him a Ranger Tshirt for his Canes jersey were refused by his Daddy (although the fact that it has Justin Peters' autograph on it means its value has been lowered enough to have been a fair trade - ha ha). But this morning, there was a little kid at a Raleigh elementary school sporting a brand new bright orange Hardaway, Jr. jersey.

I would like to say that the new bridges completely obscure any view of the jumbotron from section 209, so the birthday message on the scoreboard was completely missed. Not sure if I were a season ticket holder in that section that I would be all too pleased about the bridges, but the concourses and towers were quite well-done.

Thanks for a great time, New York. Thanks for making it clear to my little boy that hockey fans don't have to be @$$holes like Buffalo fans.

Come on down and join us for a tailgate, some barbecue, and a hockey game in the near future.

Signed,

johnburnsnc@yahoo.com

a/k/a DidJussiThat

P.S. - clean hip check.