Watch Games Anywhere, Anytime

Bruce Bennett

GameCenter Live has made being a Rangers fan in a new city much more bearable.

I frequently find myself anywhere except in front of a television when the Rangers are getting ready to drop the puck. It's really frustrating, and I used to have to miss sections of games, or even entire games themselves.

Luckily, now, I can simply take out my phone, or laptop, and my problem is solved.

Last season, I started using NHL GameCenter Live. The decision was made a little easier for me because I'm currently in Boston for school, but I realized how useful GameCenter is for a number of reasons. Like I said, GameCenter affords me the luxury of not having to worry about where I am when the Rangers are playing. I've watched Ryan Callahan win a shootout while commuting on the train. I've watched Henrik Lundqvist flash the glove while on a date. (Note: I'm, not endorsing watching a Rangers game in your lap while on a date, but if you really do bleed blue, you gotta do what you gotta do. Of course, results may vary with such a decision.) Pretty much, GameCenter has made my Rangers-watching more convenient than it ever has been.

There are also other benefits. In those rare nights when I really can't watch any of a game, I can always find the condensed version on GameCenter soon after the final buzzer, and the full, archived game within a few days. If you're a true hockey buff, you can watch old Rangers games. The archives span all the way back to the 2007-2008 season. The thing I most take advantage of with GameCenter is the out-of-market games. It lets me watch teams I wouldn't normally get a chance to, and, see some really great hockey.

There are a few things to take note of though. If you're buying GameCenter, don't expect to watch games in your market. There are strict blackout rules, and if you're trying to watch a game live in the city you're currently in, it will most likely be blacked out. Same can be said if a game is on national television. But GameCenter certainly has enough other advantages—especially if you're a displaced fan—to make it worth your while.