Rangers Five-Goal Outburst Too Much For Pens; Vigneault Mulls Miller's Future

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

On Monday night, the Ducks ended the Rangers longest win-streak of the season to date. On Wednesday, the Rangers played the role of streak-buster, defeating the visiting Penguins 5-1, ending Pittsburgh's four-game winning streak. The 60 minutes certainly looked like one of the Rangers most complete efforts under Alain Vigneault. Here are your morning notes.

After Vigneault said the Rangers needed more offense from their defenseman, Ryan McDonagh pitched in with a goal against Pittsburgh. Brian Boyle scored his first of the season, and Derek Stepan, Derick Brassard, and Ryan Callahan also got on the board. Suffice to say, in game the Rangers score five goals, they stand a pretty good chance of coming away with a result. Some recaps of the impressive performance. [Blueshirt Banter] [Blueshirts United] [Daily News] [New York Post]

For the first time since suffering a strained oblique, Dominic Moore skated with the Rangers on Wednesday, and could return to action this weekend against the Panthers. [Blueshirts Blog]

While he's been up with the team for most of the regular season, inconsistent play has plagued J.T. Miller. Now, the Rangers are debating what's best for his development. [ESPN NY]

After a difficult transition to a new system, have the Rangers finally solved their defensive woes? [ESPN NY]

While his team has been inconsistent through the early part of the season, Vigneault is still trying to figure out the Rangers. [New York Post]

Even though the Penguins jumped out to an early lead in the Metropolitan Division, it's too early to anoint them the de facto winners. (See: last night's game.) [Rangers Rants]

Rick Nash's lack of progress is very concerning to the Rangers. [SportsNet]

Having gone through a serious bout of concussions himself, Sidney Crosby reached out to Nash about his injury issues. [Daily News]

Despite struggling to score at times this season, Vigneault said his team doesn't need to trade for offense. [New York Post]

Dissecting the Nail Yakupov trade rumors. [Blueshirt Banter]