Rangers Vs. Blue Jackets Preview: Rangers Will Meet Up With Familiar Faces

John Grieshop

The New York Rangers will face-off against some familiar faces tonight as they take on the Columbus Blue Jackets.

After stomping on the Pittsburgh Penguins just 24 hours prior, the New York Rangers will make their way into Columbus to meet up with some familiar faces. This will be the Rangers first meeting against this reformed Blue Jackets team, as last season they were still considered to be apart of the Western Conference.

It will be former-Rangers Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Marian Gaborik, and Fedor Tyutin going up against Derick Brassard, Derek Dorsett, John Moore and Anton Stralman. That's also not counting Rick Nash, who is currently sidelined with post-concussion symptoms. I'm sure tonight's game will be a hard fought battle, as players on both sides have proven to be a vital part of their team's core group.

Due to Henrik Lundqvist starting last night against the Penguins, Cam Talbot will get the nod tonight for the Rangers. As for the Blue Jackets, recent Vezina winner Sergei Bobrovsky will be getting the start at the opposite end.

The full lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

VS. Clb

New York Rangers (7-8-0) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (5-9-0)
Nationwide Arena - Columbus, OH - 7:00 PM
Television: NHLN, MSG, FS-Ohio | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: The Cannon

Projected Lineup:

Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Derek Dorsett
Taylor Pyatt - Brian Boyle - J.T. Miller

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Michael Del Zotto

Cam Talbot
Henrik Lundqvist

Scratches: Rick Nash (concussion), Dominic Moore (upper-body), Justin Falk (healthy), Brandon Mashinter (healthy).

More from Blueshirt Banter: