New York Rangers News: Rick Nash Skating With Extras

USA TODAY Sports

After missing the first month of the regular season, Rick Nash is finally back on the ice skating with some of his teammates.

According to Pierre LeBrun of ESPN, New York Rangers forward Rick Nash has returned to the ice after missing over a month, and is skating with the goalies as well as the scratches/extras. While there still isn't a set time frame for Nash's return, anything skating related at this point is a very, very good sign. The Rangers have been providing zero updates throughout the entire process, and have always resorted to "no update" when asked about Nash's status.

The only recent information we've been going off of has been a tweet from Darren Millard, which stated that Nash was making good progress and is on a week-to-week schedule. However, the Rangers shot down that rumor almost immediately after it made rounds around Twitter.

Although it's encouraging to see Nash back on the ice again, it's a matter of how he feels before and after he skates. The biggest thing with concussions is being symptom free off the ice, on the ice, and after the on-ice workout. Hopefully the Rangers will be able to provide some sort of updates on his status, because obviously things are trending in the right direction.

We'll update this more throughout the day. Thoughts?

More from Blueshirt Banter: