Rangers Vs. Predators Preview: Something Has To Give

Frederick Breedon

The New York Rangers will take on the Nashville Predators this evening as they look to break their two game losing skid.

After a weekend full of disappointment, the New York Rangers will look to get back on track starting tonight with the Nashville Predators. With two deflating losses to the New Jersey Devils, and Washington Capitals, the New York Rangers have been sorely lacking an identity. They haven't been tough to play against lately, and they also have't been scoring the necessary goals to win games.

With only so much to work with, Alain Vigneault has elected to make some more roster changes in hopes that his team becomes re-energized. Derek DorsettDominic Moore, and recently recalled Arron Asham will all slot into the lineup tonight in favor of Taylor Pyatt, Benoit Pouliot, and recently demoted J.T. Miller. Toughness has been a key issue with the Rangers, and Vigneault is hoping these changes address those needs.

Henrik Lundqvist will be making his third straight appearance in goal, and Carter Hutton is expected to start for the Nashville Predators.

The full lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

NasVS.

Nashville Predators (13-14-3) vs New York Rangers (15-15-1)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:30 PM
Television: MSG 2, NBCSN | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: On the Forecheck

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Mats Zuccarello - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Carl Hagelin - Derick BrassardDerek Dorsett
Brian Boyle - Dominic MooreArron Asham

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
John Moore - Anton Stralman
Michael Del Zotto - Justin Falk

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches: Marc Staal (concussion), Benoit Pouliot (healthy), Taylor Pyatt (healthy).