FanPost

What Is Wrong With Our Rangers?! (Other Opinions Wanted)

*Face Palm* Words do not even describe last nights game. By the 2nd period I was ready to put on some skates and a helmet and go out there and play myself I was so frustrated.

Just curious as to what everyone thinks the Rangers need right now to be "fixed". Any thoughts?!

Personally, I think bringing up Asham was a good first move. This team, besides Dorsett and sometimes Falk, doesn't have much umpf. Don't get me wrong, they're physical (especially Girardi lately), but not fire-up-the-team physical. Also, obviously, we need goal scorers. Everyone on that team is capable of contributing to the score, even Hank! *cue Ron Hextall scoring highlights* But in all seriousness, there is no excuse for lack of goals. Of course most of the pressure is focused towards the forwards, as it should be, but I'm not going to underestimate our defensemen; they are talented enough to be able to score at least a third the amount of goals as the forwards. Additionally, there are some things the team lacks that cannot be taught: passion, chemistry, resilience, etc. They have to find this in themselves, I suppose, with more effective player-only meetings...

What do you guys think?