New York Rangers News: Rangers Officially Recall Dylan McIlrath

Bruce Bennett

The New York Rangers have recalled Dylan McIlrath from the Hartford Wolfpack of the

According to an official team release, the New York Rangers have recalled defensemen Dylan McIlrath from the Hartford Wolfpack of the American Hockey League. This will be McIlrath's first go around with the Rangers as he has spent a majority of his young career with the Wolfpack.

With Marc Staal, and Ryan Callahan going down with prolonged injuries, the Rangers need some sort of boost to spark their lineup. McIlrath could be just what the doctor ordered in terms of providing the lineup with some spark and snarl. It's also safe to assume that he will likely be in the lineup tomorrow night to take on the Columbus Blue Jackets, especially with Justin Falk and Michael Del Zotto not playing up to the standards of Alain Vigneault.

It also makes you wonder if Glen Sather has a move or two up his sleeve. He was watching today's practice from the sky box, which likely indicates that there are some other moves coming in the very near future. We still have no official lineup information for tomorrow's game, so it will be interesting to see what else AV has up his sleeve.

In 24 games this season with the Wolfpack, the 6-foot-5 McIlrath has tallied three goals, four assists and 115 total penalty minutes.

Until then, what are everyone's thoughts?