The old saying goes, "you have to play 60 minutes of hockey to win," not, "you have to start to play hard after digging yourself into a 3-0 hole 11:10 into the first and expect to win." That was the case Monday night, as a collection of former Rangers made their presences felt and walked into MSG to defeat the Rangers 4-2, dropping New York to 0-3-1 on its current nine-game homestand. Not much else to say beyond that; here are your morning notes.
Time and time again, the Rangers have gone through lackadaisical stretches that have cost them entire games. After the first half of the first period on Thursday night, the Rangers had put themselves in a hole they couldn't climb out of, and dropped another game at home to Columbus. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [Newsday] [ESPN NY] [Blueshirts United]
Inside the division, where, for the time being, things are not looking good. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Rangers Vs. Blue Jackets Preview: Rangers Look To Break Three Game Skid Against Columbus
- Dylan McIlrath Called Up: Are Changes A-Coming?
- Inside the Division 12/12 Everything is Terrible
- Dylan McIlrath in; Derick Brassard and Rick Nash to face old team; Dubinsky fired up to play at MSG
- New York Rangers News: Rangers Officially Recall Dylan McIlrath