Rangers remain winless on homestand; Changes coming?

Elsa

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The old saying goes, "you have to play 60 minutes of hockey to win," not, "you have to start to play hard after digging yourself into a 3-0 hole 11:10 into the first and expect to win." That was the case Monday night, as a collection of former Rangers made their presences felt and walked into MSG to defeat the Rangers 4-2, dropping New York to 0-3-1 on its current nine-game homestand. Not much else to say beyond that; here are your morning notes.

Time and time again, the Rangers have gone through lackadaisical stretches that have cost them entire games. After the first half of the first period on Thursday night, the Rangers had put themselves in a hole they couldn't climb out of, and dropped another game at home to Columbus. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [Newsday] [ESPN NY] [Blueshirts United]

Down a Marc Staal, the Rangers made a move and called up Dylan McIlrath. But could that also mean changes are coming? [Blueshirt Banter]

Before facing his former team, Rick Nash admitted the situation in Columbus got 'messy' before he left. [Blueshirts Blog] [ESPN NY]

Before making their first appearance on Madison Square Garden ice, Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov talked about facing off against their former squad. [Rangers Rants]

Inside the division, where, for the time being, things are not looking good. [Blueshirt Banter]