Rangers Vs. Flames Preview: It's Time For a Turnaround

Lou Capozzola

The New York Rangers will look to break their four game losing streak tonight as they take on the Calgary Flames at Madison Square Garden.

The New York Rangers will look to end their four game losing streak tonight as they host the Calgary Flames at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers have been riddled with injuries once again, and find themselves in a deep hole losing their last four games. Derick Brassard is expected to return to the lineup tonight, which should provide the Rangers with some extra power up front.

The Rangers really have no other reason not to come out firing on all cylinders tonight. They've lost four straight, all of which have come during their nine game home stand, which was supposed to work in their favor. Not to mention, the Flames played last night up in Buffalo, and were forced to play some extra hockey. With the Rangers having some fresh legs, there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to take advantage of a fatigued Flames lineup.

Henrik Lundqvist is expected to get his fifth straight start, while Karri Ramo will start in between the pipes for Calgary.

VS. Cal

New York Rangers (15-17-1) vs Calgary Flames (13-15-4)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG, SNET-CGY | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Matchsticks and Gasoline

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Brad RichardsDerick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Carl Hagelin - Brian Boyle - Taylor Pyatt
Benoit Pouliot - Dominic Moore - Derek Dorsett

Michael Del Zotto - Dan Girardi
Ryan McDonagh - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Dylan McIlrath

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches/Injuries: Marc Staal (concussion), Ryan Callahan (MCL sprain), Arron Asham (healthy), Justin Falk (healthy).