Kreider producing consistently; Pouliot an enigma; McIlrath gets noticed

Jim McIsaac

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Part of being a successful NHL team night in and night out is having a short memory. It extends to when you're playing well, as to not getting too much of an ego, and when you're losing, to being able to not enter a skid. While the Rangers were certainly happy to come away with two points against the Flames on Sunday to end a home losing streak, there's tough sledding ahead, with both the Penguins and Islanders coming next at Madison Square Garden. Here are your morning notes.

In a season that's been characterized by offensive inconsistency, Chris Kreider has been one of the few, productive constants. [NY Posts]

Sunday offered a glimpse at the talent-level of Benoit Pouliot, and what made him a former first round pick. But for the most part, during his Rangers tenure, Pouliot has been an enigma. [Blueshirt Banter]

After playing in his first NHL game, Dylan McIlrath was awarded the Broadway Hat. But more to the point, the rookie's teammates took notice of the brand of hockey he's willing to play. [NY Post] [ESPN NY]

Alain Vigneault didn't get the greatest results dressing 7 defensemen, but per usual, Ryan McDonagh led the way. [Blueshirts Blog]

While the Rangers showed signs of a turnaround on Madison Square Garden ice on Sunday, home hasn't been kind to the Blueshirts this season. [Newsday]