Penguins need shootout to beat Rangers; Power play fixes; Time for roster moves

Al Bello

Today's new York Rangers notes

It's difficult to watch the Rangers sometimes because there are stretches when they'll show absolutely effort, and others where it looks like the team is sleepwalking. Wednesday night versus Pittsburgh, the Rangers were certainly the victims of sluggish play at times, and needed a late, two-goal comeback to salvage a point against Pittsburgh. Here are your morning notes.

It was definitely better than losing in regulation, as third period tallies from Mats Zuccarello and Derick Brassard knotted the score, and had the Rangers walking away with at least a point against Metropolitan Division rivals Pittsburgh. Some recaps of the game. [Blueshirt Banter] [Daily News] [The Record] [ESPN NY] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

After struggling for years under assistant coach Mike Sullivan, the Rangers are finally turning things around. [Blueshirt Banter] [Daily News]

Playing against a potent Pittsburgh offense on Wednesday, the Rangers were keen on trying to limit the opposition's chances. [Rangers Rants]

Before Wednesday's game, Glen Sather chatted with Taylor Pyatt, and with the impending roster freezes, are moves coming? [Blueshirts Blog] [Rangers Rants]