Inside the Division 12/24 Holiday Open Thread

Stay on your skates Dan Girardi fa la la la la, la la la la. - Elsa

My gift to you all- an abundance of links.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I cheated a little bit to make "Inside the Division" fall on the 24th but I figured it would be good to give you guys some hockey reads to get you through the hockey-less Christmas break. Quite a lot has happened to the Rangers since our last look Inside the Division (I get to say this every week and it is always right). We saw the NHL debut of Dylan McIlrath, we saw J.T. Miller get called back up, we've seen Chris Kreider and Mats Zuccarello reveal themselves to be the most consistent offensive players on the team, and the Rangers have had a very mediocre stretch of games on home ice. However, we've also just seen the Rangers win two straight games for the first time in what seems like a very long time and it looks like they might have something to really build off of after the winter break is over. Let's hope that besting the Wild and the Leafs will get the Rangers headed in the right direction because now that we are rapidly approaching the midway point of the season every point matters.

Before we look at our links for the past two weeks let's have a look at the Metropolitan Division standings and where the Rangers currently stand in the playoff picture.

Team

GP

OTL

PTS

Penguins

39

27

11

1

55

Capitals

37

19

14

4

42

Flyers

37

17

16

4

38

Rangers

38

18

18

2

38

Devils

38

15

16

7

37

Blue Jackets

37

16

17

4

36

Hurricanes

37

14

15

8

36

Islanders

38

11

20

7

29

Well those are your links for the week (and by week I mean... almost two weeks) guys and girls! Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday season and get all sorts of good food, good company, and good gifts (given and received) on the holidays. Go ahead and use this as your open thread until we get back to hockey again. Have you subscribed to Blueshirts Monthly yet? Have you told your friends/brothers/sisters/parents/cousins/enemies about Blueshirts Monthly? Go do that. Consider it a Christmas gift to me.

ELE. Let's go Rangers.