The sky is no longer falling. The world is no longer ending. And then doesn't mean everything is right, but a lot more is right, as the Rangers collected their second straight win to end a long homestand at Madison Square Garden, defeating Toronto in a shootout 2-1. The team will now play five straight on the road, beginning Friday in Washington. Here are your morning notes.
When things weren't going right for the Rangers, the team wouldn't have kept pushing through the middle part of Monday night's game, or would have crumbled following a clearly bogus Toronto goal. But the Rangers answered both of those calls, and kept things full speed ahead all night, en route to a big shootout win over the Maple Leafs. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [Newsday] [ESPN NY] [NY Post] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]
With the HBO cameras back at Madison Square Garden to follow the Maple Leafs for 24/7, the Rangers are a very different team than the one that was featured on the behind-the-scenes show in 2011. [Daily News]
- Rangers Vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Rangers Win Second Straight With 2-1 Shootout Victory
- Rangers Vs. Maple Leafs Preview: Rangers Look To Head Into Christmas Break With Strong Finish
- Applying a contract value to Ryan Callahan and intangibles
- Rangers Vs. Wild: Can We Bottle That Up And Sell It?
- Rangers drop Wild; Staal progessing; Parise and his respect for Tortorella