Staal traveling on road trip; Rangers prospects in World Juniors

Marc DesRosiers-US PRESSWIRE

Today's New York Rangers notes.

This NHL Christmas break have things moving a bit slower in all hockey circles, but there are still a few things going on, and some good news to share. Here are today's morning notes.

The World Junior Championship opened Thursday, with a few Rangers prospects in the mix. Here are some New York players to watch. [Blueshirt Banter]

A hectic Rangers schedule is delaying questions on Henrik Lundqvist. [NY Post]

As he continues to recover from his latest concussion, Marc Staal is reportedly traveling with the Rangers when they embark on an upcoming five-game road trip. Larry Brooks was the first I saw to have it.

Ryan Callahan is also reportedly making the road trip, but could still be up to two weeks away from cracking the lineup. These are both great signs for the Rangers, who in the midst of an attempted turnaround, could really use the services of there captain and alternate back in the fold.