New York Rangers News: Conor Allen Will Make His NHL Debut Tonight

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

Conor Allen will make his NHL debut tonight for the New York Rangers after he was recalled shortly after the Rangers 3-2 loss to the Washington Capitals.

According to Steve Zipay of Newsday, it appears as if Conor Allen will be making his NHL debut tonight with the New York Rangers. Allen was recalled shortly after the Rangers 3-2 loss against the Washington Capitals on Friday night as Anton Stralman went down with an undisclosed injury. Based on today's morning skate, Stralman won't be out for that long as he participated in the skate, but remained on the ice with the scratches for some extra work.

Allen was considered one of the dark horses to make the Rangers starting lineup out of training camp, and gave Alain Vigneault a run for his money. At the time, the Rangers blue line was packed out and there wasn't much room for Allen to fit into the rotation. With some recent injuries to both Stralman and Marc Staal, Allen will have a chance to shine on the big stage, and hopefully give the Rangers brass something to look forward to in the future.

All throughout the preseason Allen showed his poise in the defensive end, and used his smooth skating ability to create some space. It'll be interesting to see how he performs tonight, as all of the reports coming from Hartford recently have been very, very positive.

Thoughts on this?