Rangers Vs. Lightning Preview: Rangers Look To Bounce Back Tonight Against Tampa Bay

Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers will look to bounce back tonight against the Tampa Bay Lightning after they suffered a 3-2 loss to the Washington Capitals.

After a disappointing 3-2 loss against the Washington Capitals on Friday night, the New York Rangers will be seeking some redemption against the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight. The Rangers played a solid game on Friday, but came up empty handed with the Caps scoring a late goal to seal the game. Henrik Lundqvist will be returning to the lineup tonight after his three game absence, and will look to reel in a win for the Blueshirts.

Conor Allen will also be making his NHL debut tonight with the Rangers, as Anton Stralman is out nursing what appears to be a slight wrist injury. Allen looked spectacular all throughout preseason, and there was a point where he was in serious consideration for an opening night roster spot.

The lineup will be the same as it was on Friday night, with Alain Vigneault finally finding some chemistry with all four of his lines. The projected lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

VS. Tam

New York Rangers (18-19-2) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (23-11-4)
Tampa Bay Times Forum - Tampa, FL - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG, SUN | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Raw Charge

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Derick Brassard - Brad Richards - Mats Zuccarello
Carl Hagelin - J.T. Miller - Benoit Pouliot
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Derek Dorsett

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
John Moore - Conor Allen
Michael Del Zotto - Justin Falk

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches/Injuries: Marc Staal (concussion), Ryan Callahan (MCL sprain), Anton Stralman (wrist), Taylor Pyatt (healthy).