Marc Staal back in; Vigneault on healhty scratches

Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers' notes.

Good morning folks, a happy Tuesday, and a happy final day of the 2013 calendar year. New to the Banter (and I know I lamented a bit on this yesterday), it's been absolutely great being a part of this community the past few months. Suffice to say, I've absolutely cherished the interactions and the good vibes that have come along with joining this group. I hope to get to better know you all in the coming year, and hope you all have a happy and healthy New Year's. SO, without further ado, your final morning notes of the 2013 year.

When the Rangers take on the Florida Panthers in their final game of the 2103 calendar year Tuesday night, they'll have the services of Marc Staal, and potentially Anton Stralman. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Rangers Rants]

While Benoit Pouliot and Mats Zuccarello have stepped up their play of late, Rangers' head coach Alain Vigneault made a coy comment regarding how the two surging forwards dealt with being healthy scratches earlier this season. [Blueshirts Blog]

Although most are focused on the NHL level, some Rangers' prospects are performing quite well at the World Junior Championships. [Blueshirt Banter]

Heading into 2014, three major questions the Rangers will face. [ESPN NY]