2014 World Juniors Open Thread: USA vs. Canada

Richard Wolowicz

Team USA will take on Team Canada this afternoon during the 2014 World Junior Championships in Malmo, Sweden.

After going 3-0 in group play thus far, Team USA will be meeting up with their long lasting  rivals across the border in a New Year's Eve showdown. Everyone looks forward to this annual event as you really can't predict what will happen when USA and Canada collide at the World Junior Championships. With a win today, USA would seal the top spot in their group during pool play, and would set them up for a nice run during the elimination games.

There is only one player representing the New York Rangers this year for Team USA, and that is defenseman Brady Skjei. Throughout three games during this tournament, Skjei has only registered a single assist while playing as a top defensemen for this lethal USA team.

Puck drop is set for 11:30 PM, and based on all of the hype surrounding this game, it is sure to be a good one. For a deeper look at the USA side, go ahead and check out today's game preview from Chris Peters over at United States of Hockey.

Also, for anyone who may not have NHL Network to watch the game, you can catch the live stream on NHL.com.

Let's go USA!

SB Nation Featured Video