New York Rangers Open Thread: Rangers Vs. Panthers

Maddie Meyer

The New York Rangers will take on the Florida Panthers tonight as they look to make it two wins in a row. Puck drop is set for 5:00 PM.

Next Game

VS. Fla

New York Rangers @ Florida Panthers

Tuesday, Dec 31, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
BB&T Center

Opponent's Blog: Litter Box Cats

A Big Thank You For A Fantastic 2013
Marc Staal back in; Vigneault on healhty scratches

Complete Coverage >

After defeating the Tampa Bay Lightning just two nights ago, the New York Rangers will look to make it two in a row tonight against the Florida Panthers. Both Marc Staal and Anton Stralman will be making their returns to the lineup after recovering from their respective injuries.

As a result, Michael Del Zotto and Justin Falk will be the healthy scratches tonight, with Conor Allen earning a spot on the roster as well. Henrik Lundqvist will get the start for the Rangers, and Tim Thomas is the expected started for the Florida Panthers.

Player To Watch:

Rick Nash

#61 / Right Wing / New York Rangers

6-4

213

Jun 16, 1984

Rick Nash finally scored last game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, and looked a lot better than he has been in previous games. Maybe that's the type of confidence booster he needed, and I feel another big game from him tonight.