Inside the Division: 12/5 Long Live the King

Bruce Bennett

Bobrovsky seriously injured, Lundqvist re-signs with the Rangers, Erat wants out of D.C., and the Islanders are falling apart.

It's been over a week since our last look inside the Metropolitan Division and quite a lot has changed since the 21st of November. Henrik Lundqvist just signed a seven year extension to make him a New York Ranger for the rest of his NHL career, Chris Kreider scored his first career hat trick, and Michael Del Zotto not only returned to the Rangers lineup- he also scored a goal! Unfortunately not everything has changed since last we looked inside the division... the Rangers are still stuck at the .500 mark and in third place in the Metropolitan Division. One game the Rangers will look impressive, intimidating, and promising and the next game they'll find a way to lose. At some point something is going to have give if the Rangers want to make an appearance in the 2014 NHL Playoffs... let's hope it happens as soon as possible because if not for the very weak Metropolitan Division the Rangers' .500 record would be disastrous instead of simply infuriating.

Before we sink our collective teeth into our links for the past week or so, let's take a look at the Metropolitan Division standings and where the Rangers are compared to their division rivals.

Team

GP

OTL

PTS

Penguins

29

19

9

1

39

Capitals

28

14

12

2

30

Rangers

28

14

14

0

28

Flyers

28

13

13

2

28

Devils

29

11

12

6

28

Hurricanes

28

11

12

5

27

Blue Jackets

28

11

14

3

25

Islanders

28

8

15

5

21

Well there are your links for the week boys and girls. Hope that you are all having a splendid December thus far and that we start to see more wins in the immediate future. I'm just not sure how long the Rangers are going to get away with being this inconsistent and losing games that they should be winning. Until next time, everybody love everybody and Let's Go Rangers.

Have any thoughts about developments in the division since last we talked about it? Have any links or thoughts you want to share? This is the thread to do it! Let us hear what you think and have to say in the comments.