Rangers Vs. Sabres Preview: Rangers Need To Right The Ship

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers will take on the Buffalo Sabres tonight at First Niagara Center, as they look to rebound after Monday's disappointing loss to the Winnipeg Jets.

The New York Rangers will head into the First Niagara Center tonight looking to rebound from Monday night's loss to the Winnipeg Jets. This game should be marked down as a much win for the Rangers, as the Sabres have only won six times in 28 games, and only two of those wins have come in regulation. As far as lineups go, there will be a few minor tweaks by Alain Vigneault. John Moore is expected to slot back into the lineup, but it isn't immediately known for who just yet.

Vigneault said that there is an unnamed defensemen that is banged up, and they will remain a game time decision. Based on recent events, I'd assume it's either Justin Falk or Dan Girardi. Falk got roughed up fighting Anthony Peluso the other night, and played under two minutes in the third period. As far as Girardi, he's blocked a few shots over the last few games that have likely left some bumps and bruises. Again, this is just pure speculation based on recent games, and it could wind up being someone completely different.

Derek Dorsett will also sit out tonight's game as his wrist injury has started to creep back up on him. As a result, Taylor Pyatt will return to the lineup, and likely slot onto the fourth line. Newly extended Henrik Lundqvist is expected to get the start for the Rangers, while Ryan Miller will likely start at the other end of the ice for the Sabres.

The projected lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

VS. Buf

New York Rangers (14-14-0) vs Buffalo Sabres (6-20-2)
First Niagara Center - Buffalo, NY - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG, MSG-B, Bell TV | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Die By The Blade

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Mats Zuccarello - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Carl Hagelin - Derick BrassardBenoit Pouliot
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Taylor Pyatt

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Michael Del Zotto

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches: Derek Dorsett (wrist), Justin Falk (healthy).