New York Rangers News: Rangers Acquire Kyle Beach From Chicago Blackhawks

Claus Andersen

The New York Rangers have acquired Kyle Beach from the Chicago Blackhawks in a minor league swap this afternoon.

The New York Rangers have made a minor league swap this afternoon by sending Brandon Mashinter to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for 23-year old Kyle Beach. Brandon Mashinter has been with the Rangers for the last two seasons where he has appeared in ten NHL games, and has not registered a single point. As for Beach, he has yet to appear in a single NHL since being drafted 11th overall by the Blackhawks back in 2008.

In seven games with the Rockford IceHogs this season, Beach has registered four goals, zero assists, and ten penalty minutes. This move is obviously a very low-risk move for the Rangers, as Beach still has a bit of a development curve, and could eventually pan out into a role player later on down the road.

However, as it stands right now, Beach is expected to report to the Hartford Wolfpack where he will likely suit up for tonight's game against the Adirondack Phantoms.

SB Nation Featured Video