New York Rangers News: Rangers Recall J.T. Miller From Hartford

Maddie Meyer

The New York Rangers have recalled J.T. Miller from the Hartford Wolfpack.

In their second surprising move of the day, the New York Rangers have recalled J.T. Miller from the Hartford Wolfpack of the American Hockey League, according the team's official Twitter account. This will be Miller's first recall since being sent down back on November 26th, and he will likely be playing in the Rangers upcoming games against the New Jersey Devils and Washington Capitals this weekend.

This move obviously means two things right off of the bat: Derek Dorsett may be out for a little while with his wrist injury, and Alain Vigneault doesn't feel comfortable leaving Benoit Pouliot in the lineup with Dorsett sidelined. This was likely a long time coming for Pouliot, who really hasn't given the head coach that much of a reason to keep him in the lineup. He has been very awkward while handling the puck, and has hurt the Rangers with his turnovers more than he has actually helped them.

In the event that Dorsett is actually good to go tomorrow night, it wouldn't be surprising to see Taylor Pyatt sit out tomorrow's game as well. Since coming back from his concussion a few games ago, Pyatt has been alternating between fourth line minutes, and the press box.

The next big move will be to see how Alain Vigneault deploys J.T. Miller into the lineup. Will he actually be logging decent minutes, or will he be destined for the fourth line like he was last time? Either way, there are a lot of moving parts with the Rangers today, which shapes up for an interesting game tomorrow night against the New Jersey Devils.

Thoughts?