Rangers Vs. Devils Preview: Rangers Seek First Win Over New Jersey This Season

Maddie Meyer

The New York Rangers will take on the New Jersey Devils tonight, as they kick off their nine game home stand at Madison Square Garden.

The New York Rangers journey into Madison Square Garden tonight where they will begin their nine game home stand. Coming off of a win over the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday, the Rangers will look to carry that momentum over to tonight's games game. The Devils have defeated the Rangers in their last two meetings this season, and the Rangers will look to correct that tonight.

Over the last few weeks, the Rangers have yet to break over the .500 mark by more then one game, and this upcoming home stand is great opportunity for them to do so. Alain Vigneault elected to make a few lineup tweaks tonight which include J.T. Miller slotting in for Benoit Pouliot, and Justin Falk coming in for Michael Del Zotto. Henrik Lundqvist will get the start for the Rangers, while Martin Brodeur will likely make his final appearance at Madison Square Garden.

The full lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

NjdVS.

New Jersey Devils (11-13-6) vs New York Rangers (15-14-0)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:30 PM
Television: MSG, MSG+ | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: In Lou We Trust

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Mats Zuccarello - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Carl Hagelin - Derick Brassard - J.T. Miller
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Taylor Pyatt

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Justin Falk

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches: Derek Dorsett (wrist), Michael Del Zotto (healthy), Benoit Pouliot (healthy).