New York Rangers News: Rangers Recall Arron Asham; J.T. Miller Sent Down

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers have recalled Arron Asham from the Hartford Wolfpack, and have re-assigned J.T. Miller.

Just 24 hours after getting demolished by the Washington Capitals, the New York Rangers have officially recalled Arron Asham from the Hartford Wolfpack. As a result of Asham's recall, J.T. Miller was also sent down to open up a roster spot. Toughness has been a major talking point among a lot of fans around here, and it appeared as if guys like Rick Nash, Chris Kreider, and many others were simply being pushed around.

While Asham doesn't necessarily address the Rangers biggest need, which is scoring goals, he does add some extra toughness that they have been missing. Derek Dorsett provided a lot of that for the Rangers, but he has missed the last several games with a busted wrist. It's still unknown as to when he will return, but Asham will likely be taking over that roll in the mean time.

Another glaring issue for the Rangers is their forecheck, which has been very stagnant as of late. Asham also helps in that area, as he's the type of player to leave it all out on the ice, and gives you 110% on every shift. It'll be interesting to see who sits tomorrow night, but as always, there are a lot of moving parts for the Rangers right now.

We'll see how it all unfolds tomorrow night. Until then, thoughts?