Rangers Vs. Lightning: Brian Boyle Out, Dan Girardi In

Eric Bolte-US PRESSWIRE

Brian Boyle, who sat out in the Rangers' win over the Islanders, will sit again.

According to Andrew Gross, Brian Boyle will sit again tonight against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Boyle, who sat in the New York Rangers 4-1 victory over the Islanders, is a victim of circumstance in this situation. The Rangers played really well against the Islanders, the kids were impressive and they won the game.

Gross also reports that Dan Girardi will be back in and is going to be skating on the first pairing. This is a huge boost to the Rangers' defense, especially since the Lightning have such a high-powered offense. It also means that the Rangers are on their way to getting back to healthy.

It's also a testament to the team's depth, which has been boosted by the addition of J.T. Miller. This is a big deal too, especially since Boyle will be needed if the Rangers make the call to not keep Miller up with the big club.

As it stands, however, Mill is in and Boyle is out. Hopefully Miller continues to impress.