Rangers Vs. Bruins Preview: Rangers Looking To Push Streak To Three Versus Bruins

Michael Ivins-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers and Boston Bruins will meet for the last time this season in a showdown at TD Garden this evening. The Rangers are riding a two game winning streak, and look to continue their winning ways.

The New York Rangers and Boston Bruins will go up against one another for the final time during this shortened season, with a battle at TD Garden tonight. The Bruins and Rangers are both riding winning streaks into tonight's game, and the season series is currently tied at 1-1. The Rangers need to keep their winning ways going, and will need replicate their play from the last two games. Here's a look at tonight's preview.

VS.

New York Rangers (6-5-0) vs Boston Bruins (8-1-1)
TD Garden - Boston, MA - 7:30 PM
Television: NBC Sports Network, MSG (local) | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Stanley Cup of Chowder | Tickets: New York Rangers Tickets

Over the last two games, the New York Rangers have played their best hockey of the season while outscoring their opponents by a large margin of 9-2. Things have begun to click for the Rangers, and they have been getting secondary scoring from the likes of Carl Hagelin, and Ryan Callahan. Their fourth line has finally rounded out as well, and they have become a very aggressive which has generated great puck possession.

Whether Henrik Lundqvist says it or not, there's no question that he is finally rounded out his game. He's been solid throughout the last few games for the Rangers, and played a key role in their last two victories. As for the Bruins, they have been rolling ever since day one. They're getting contributions from all four lines, and they have been very consistent with their game.

Some Quick Thoughts:

*** Tonight's lineup will remain as it was during the games against the New York Islanders, and Tampa Bay Lightning. Meaning Brian Boyle, Stu Bickel, and Steve Eminger will all be healthy scratches once again. You can't really blame John Tortorella for not changing his lineup at all. This lineup has been solid for the Rangers, and you simply can't change something that isn't broken, at least not yet.

*** Arron Asham played easily his best game of the season on Sunday, and even chipped in his first goal as a New York Ranger. As Joe pointed out earlier this morning, whether fans like him or not, Asham is a vital part of the Rangers bottom-six. Over the last nine games, he has proven that he belongs on the squad, and will work his tail off every time he is out there.

*** Tonight will be a HUGE test for the Rangers, as they are going up against one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference. The Bruins have been lights out since day one, and the Rangers were one of only two teams to hand them a loss this season. If the Rangers can come away with two points tonight, it will be a major turning point in their success.

Projected Lineup:

Taylor Pyatt - Brad Richards - Marian Gaborik
Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Chris Kreider - J.T. Miller - Ryan Callahan
Arron Asham - Jeff Halpern - Darroll Powe

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
Michael Del Zotto - Matt Gilroy

Henrik Lundqvist

Scratches: Brian Boyle (healthy), Stu Bickel (healthy), Steve Eminger (healthy).