New York Rangers News: Steve Eminger Sent To Connecticut On Conditioning Stint

Al Bello

The New York Rangers have sent Steve Eminger down to the Connecticut Whale for a two week conditioning stint.

According to the American Hockey League transactions page, the New York Rangers have assigned defenseman, Steve Eminger, to the Connecticut Whale on a two week conditioning stint. This move comes as a bit of surprise, but it was almost expected when you look at the current lineup. Matt Gilroy has been playing very well for the Rangers over the last handful of games, and has essentially locked himself into the lineup on the third pairing. The Rangers have also been playing their best hockey of the season with their current lineup, and there really is no point in changing it very much.

So it makes sense that the Rangers want Eminger to get as much playing time in as possible, given that he won't be getting a lineup spot until something changes. The Whale currently have six games on their upcoming schedule in which Eminger will be in the lineup for. Three of which will be at home, while the other three will take place on the road.

Eminger does not have to clear waivers in order to report to the Whale, and when returning to the Rangers.

Thoughts?