New York Rangers News: Chris Kreider Recalled From Connecticut Whale

Marc DesRosiers-US PRESSWIRE

After a quick one-game stint with the Connecticut Whale, the New York Rangers have already recalled Chris Kreider.

According to Andrew Gross, the New York Rangers have recalled forward Chris Kreider from the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. Kreider was just sent down yesterday afternoon, and played with the Whale in their 4-1 win over the Portland Pirates last night. This recall comes as a bit of surprise, considering John Tortorella stated just two hours earlier that Kreider needs to go "through the process" of professional hockey to correct his inconsistencies.

But, this recall could be linked to Rick Nash missing practice today because of a supposed maintenance day. Tortorella stated that Nash just received an off day because he's "played a ton of hockey" over the last few weeks. However, Nash was a late scratch for last night's season ticket holder event at the Beacon Theatre. According to people in attendance, the Rangers announced that Nash came down with an illness, which prevented him from attending.

So as of right now, this recall looks to be more of a precautionary move more than anything. Nash's status is still in question for tomorrow, and in the event that he cannot play, Kreider will likely take his place in the lineup.

Thoughts?