New York Rangers News: Darroll Powe Diagnosed With Concussion

Bruce Bennett

The New York Rangers released news today stating that Darroll Powe has been diagnosed with a concussion, and has been placed on the IR.

As many people who have expected, the New York Rangers announced today that Darroll Powe had suffered a concussion in his collision with Matt Hendricks. Powe was knocked unconscious on the ice for about a minute, before regaining consciousness and skating off with help from Arron Asham and Derek Stepan. It was a scary scene to watch, and it was only a matter of time before we heard the bad news. The Rangers have placed Powe on the injury reserve list for the time being.

As a result of Powe missing some time, the Rangers have recalled Brandon Mashinter from the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League.

Darroll Powe's presence on the fourth line will definitely be missed while he is out. Even though he's only a fourth liner, he has thrived in the Rangers system since being acquired from the Minnesota Wild. He's a very skilled puck possession guy, and can grind it out in the corners. We're all hoping he's back sooner rather than later.

Thoughts?