New York Rangers News: Rick Nash OUT Of Lineup Tonight; Kreider In

Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports

Rick Nash will be a scratch tonight for the Rangers, and Chris Kreider will slot into his place.

According to the New York Rangers, Rick Nash will be out of the lineup tonight for undisclosed reasons, and Chris Kreider will slot in to take his place. This is definitely some surprising news to say the least, considering Nash was questionable for Sunday, but took warm ups, and still played. To say this is a huge blow to the Rangers is easily an understatement.

Nash has been a cornerstone to the Rangers offense since arriving from the Columbus Blue Jackets. He gets to the dirty areas of the ice, works hard every shift, and works wonders whenever he touches the puck. It will be interesting to see how the team reacts with his absence tonight, as it will be quite the whole to fill, especially against a tough team like the Montreal Canadiens.

As far as Chris Kreider remaining up with the big club, we now have our answer. Rick Nash obviously has some sort of nagging injury, that we likely won't hear anymore about with Tortorella being so tight lipped with injuries this season. All we know is that Nash is "banged up".

Thoughts?