Rangers Vs. Lightning: Game Preview

Paul Bereswill

The New York Rangers need a win tonight against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

The New York Rangers are coming off a tough 3-0 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins Thursday night, which also happened to be the first time this Rangers team was shut out. The Rangers (3-4-0) will look to bounce back tonight with a big game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Where: Tampa Bay Times Forum, Florida

When: Tonight, 7 p.m.

New York Rangers Tickets (Starting at $48)

Here are some pre-game notes for all of you! We'll also be providing updates throughout the day so make sure to keep it here!

- As of this writing we don't know who is in goal yet for the Rangers. My guess? It's going to be Henrik Lundqvist again, simply because the Rangers need a win. The reality of the situation, however, is that Martin Biron needs to get a start sooner or later; so I wouldn't be shocked if it will be tonight.

- Chris Kreider has been skating with the team, but it's expected for him to miss his fifth game tonight.

- I wonder if John Tortorella is going to keep the top line together or break them up. Remember, it's not about what lines start the game, it's about what happens to the lines during the game. I like the idea of breaking up Rick Nash, Brad Richards and Marian Gaborik. I also like the idea of throwing them all together when the team needs a goal.

- Anyone else here think Ryan McDonagh is due for a goal? The guy has such a high hockey IQ, and he's gotten close a couple of times so far. I have a good feeling about him tonight (*cough* Joe's Player To Watch *cough*).

- The Lightning have a very high-powered offense, so it should be interesting to see how the Rangers handle that defensively while also trying to take advantage of their defense.

Thoughts?