New York Rangers Injury Update: Rick Nash Won't Travel With Team To Ottawa

Elsa

According to the New York Rangers, Rick Nash will not be making the trip to Ottawa for tomorrow's game.

Following today's practice, the New York Rangers announced that Rick Nash will not be traveling with the team to Ottawa for tomorrow night's game. Nash was a late scratch in last night's game against the Montreal Canadiens, and the team has not disclosed what type of injury he has been nursing. At first, the team mentioned that he was sick, but after some time, it's obvious that there is something nagging Nash.

The only good sign out of this whole mess? The Rangers also mentioned that it's quite possible that Rick Nash will join the team on Saturday for their game in Montreal. There has been a ton of speculation going around that Nash could have suffered a concussion in the game against the Bruins, when Milan Lucic slammed his head into the glass. All we have heard since than is that Nash is "banged up".

Although, I wouldn't read too much into the whole thing. Remember when Dan Girardi was "banged up" a few weeks back? He missed two games, and returned to full duty without a problem. So, I don't think a concussion is a remote possibility at this point. A nagging shoulder/groin injury? That seems more plausible.

Thoughts?