New York Rangers News: Steve Eminger Recalled From Conditioning Stint

Nick Laham

Steve Eminger has been recalled from his conditioning stint with the Connecticut Whale.

According to the AHL transactions wire, the New York Rangers have recalled Steve Eminger from his conditioning stint with the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. Eminger was originally designated to the Whale on a two week conditioning stint, which is was about to conclude in the next couple of days. There has been some speculation that this recall came a little bit earlier due to the uncertainty surrounding Michael Del Zotto.

Del Zotto left yesterday's game during the third period after taking a bit hit from Mark Methot along the boards. Del Zotto was hunched over, and had a tough time getting to the bench. The Rangers have yet to release any sort of information on the status of the Del Zotto, and with Tortorella been tight lipped with injuries this year, we likely won't hear anything.

But, I also wouldn't read too much into Eminger being recalled because of Del Zotto. As I said earlier, Eminger's conditioning stint was due to conclude in the next day or so, and he would have been called back up anyways. But, you never know with injuries. We'll see what happens tomorrow regarding lineups.

Thoughts?