New York Rangers Injuries: X-Rays On Dan Girardi Negative, Max Pacioretty Has Hearing

USA TODAY Sports

Dan Girardi got some good news while the jury is still out for Ryan McDonagh.

It was announced this morning that Max Pacioretty will have a phone hearing with the NHL for his hit on Ryan McDonagh that knocked the Rangers star defenseman out of the game Saturday night. Many assume McDonagh has suffered a concussion, although nothing has been confirmed by the team.

In much better news, according to Bob McKenzie Dan Girardi's X-Rays came back negative, meaning the star defenseman didn't break his ankle blocking P.K. Subban's shot in the Rangers 3-0 loss to the Canadiens.

However, Girardi can still miss an extended period of time as this heals. Bone bruises can be tricky, especially when they impact a player's ability to skate. The good news? Girardi doesn't have a broken ankle. The bad news? We still don't know how long he'll be out.

So, this is better news than expected this morning. Obviously McDonagh's injury is more concerning since it's though to be a concussion, but it's nice to hear Girardi is OK.

Thoughts?