Ryan McDonagh Injury: McDonagh Returns To Practice; Brandon Mashinter Sent Down

Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports

Ryan McDonagh is on the ice today for the New York Rangers as they practice in Greenburgh.

According to Pat Leonard of the NY Daily News, and Steve Zipay of Newsday, Ryan McDonagh, Michael Del Zotto, and Rick Nash are all taking part in today's practice. Ryan McDonagh is returning to practice for the first time since taking a brutal hit from Max Pacioretty in Montreal. There was no specific update on what caused McDonagh to leave the game, but many speculated it was a concussion.

Whatever injury was ailing him, obviously wasn't a concussion, as he definitely would have missed more time, and he also wouldn't have been skating just yet.

In addition to McDonagh, Rick Nash is returning for his second day at practice, and he stated how he feels a return to the lineup is on the horizon. Prior to practice, the Rangers also announced that Brandon Mashinter was sent back to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. Since Nash has been on the IR since last Saturday, a roster move needed to be made in the event that he is returning on Thursday.

In the event of Ryan McDonagh and Michael Del Zotto returning, there would not need to be any further roster moves, as neither of them were placed on the injury reserve.

Thoughts?