New York Rangers News: Mats Zuccarello's Reps Will Be In New York City Tomorrow

Bruce Bennett

Representatives of Mats Zuccarello will be in New York City tomorrow, and will likely speak with the New York Rangers about a possible reunion.

After reports surfaced earlier this morning about a possible reunion between the New York Rangers, and Mats Zuccarello, there appears to be more steam behind these rumors. According to Pat Leonard of the NY Daily News, representatives of Mats Zuccarello will be in New York City tomorrow to speak with the New York Rangers about a possible return of the gritty Norwegian forward.

Zuccarello, who is currently in the playoffs with his KHL club Metallurg Magnitogorsk, must finish out the year before eyeing a return to the NHL with the Rangers. Because the Rangers still own Zuccarello's rights, they have the option to re-sign him after the conclusion of the KHL season, and bring him in for the remainder of the season.

While many fans were groaning over the fact that Zuccarello may be making a return, what could it hurt? The Rangers will be able to add more depth, and Zuccarello is more than capable of taking on at least 15 minutes a game. He's also very gritty, and has a nose for the net, something the Rangers have been lacking with the absence of Rick Nash.

Thoughts?