New York Rangers News: Chris Kreider Assigned To Connecticut Whale

Bruce Bennett

The New York Rangers have sent Chris Kreider to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League.

According to Katie Strang of ESPN New York, the New York Rangers have sent Chris Kreider to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. Kreider was slated to be a healthy scratch tonight, and it was only a matter of time before he was on a bus heading back down to Connecticut.

Many fans have been clamoring that the AHL is the best spot for Kreider, and that he should have remained with the Whale throughout the season. They certainly got their wish today as Kreider was officially sent back down. But, don't think this is a sign of bad things to come. It's probably better for Kreider to spend some time down in the AHL, polish off his game, and work his way back to the NHL.

Remember, this is Kreider first full pro season, and you can pretty much throw his playoff performance out the window. It may have been a sneak peak at what's to come, but it definitely wasn't a big enough sample size for his first full season.

Thoughts?