FanPost

Don't turn on this team

Now, i'm not gonna call people out, and I'm not gonna drop names. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. But frankly I'm disgusted with some (most) of the fans on this site's game threads. I hear people want Torts fired. That's a joke, and not a funny one. Whether you want to realize it or not, this team is built around Torts. They are nothing without him. He may be a shitty strategist, but his style works when his players actually decide to play for him. Without him, last season was a playoff miss. As for those who want Sather fired? That might have been an argument in 2009. not now. Post-Redden, Sather has been the best GM in the league. He robs other GM's blind in trades, McD is the most noticeable one, but there's a laundry list of amazing moves. Landing the biggest free agents 3 out of the past 4 summers? As soon as he left the drafting to Clark, he's golden. As for Brad Richards bashers. Just...don't okay? Take my word for, you'll look like a moron come playoffs. Gaborik scored this team 41 fucking goals last season. I don't want to hear shit. Call him heartless, call him timid, but if you do, you'll have to call him a goal machine as well. People calling out HENRIK LUNDQVIST. NO. JUST NO. Without Henrik, this team would still be rolling that 7-year playoff drought. Without Henrik, the Rangers wouldn't even be relevant. I hear folks saying he's letting in "soft goals". Well, maybe the Rangers should consider not "soft back checking". Just about every single goal this season (just like last season and every season before that) has gone off a deflection or 8 rebounds. I can count on one hand how many times he's been beaten cleanly this year. I wouldn't blame him at all if he threw every one of his teammates under the bus for shitty defense. But he doesn't, because he Lundqvist.So back to my point, all those blaming Henrik for this shitty season so far, need to seriously be institutionalized. I honestly read a comment on the Rangers FB page that said they wish the lockout never ended now. That person needs to be put away, something is just wrong with them. This is a great team believe it or not, they will find their way to the playoffs. Be patient and for the love of Christ, if you are about to say "fire this guy" or "trade this dude" just do me and everyone else a favor and keep your mouth shut. Shut up and watch hockey.