New York Rangers Practice Notes: Ryan Callahan Back On Ice And Chris Kreider Improving

Jim McIsaac

The New York Rangers took to the ice for practice, and were joined with Ryan Callahan and Chris Kreider. Callahan and Kreider were both wearing non-contact jerseys, but were feeling better.

After a day off on Sunday, the New York Rangers were back on the ice for practice and were joined by captain Ryan Callahan, and Chris Kreider. Both were wearing non-contact jerseys but, it's the first time both have skated in a full practice after their respective injuries. Ryan Callahan said that his shoulder felt a lot better, and that he's still on track with the original timetable for his return, which is still another 7-10 days away.

According to Patrick Kearns of The Fourth Period, it didn't appear that Callahan had any issues while shooting around today which is great, but the key is taking hits/contact in game-like situations. Either way, it's great to hear that Callahan is progressing, and should be back in the lineup within the next few games. We kind of need him.

As for Chris Kreider, he seems to be following the same type of time frame as Callahan. He was also on ice this morning, and was working on strengthening his ankle following a bone chip. There is no timetable for Kreider's return either, but you can expect it to be on or close to the same as Callahan. Kreider mentioned earlier last week that he needed a few practices under his belt before he can even think about coming back. And as of right now, it appears he's well on his way to doing so.