Breaking News: New York Rangers Deal Mike Rupp To Minnesota Wild

Elsa

The New York Rangers have traded Mike Rupp to the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Darroll Powe, and Nick Palmieri.

According to Michael Russo of the Star Tribune, the New York Rangers have traded Mike Rupp to the Minnesota Wild, in exchange for Darroll Powe, and Nick Palmieri. Powe has played eight games with the Minnesota Wild this season, and is averaging at least 10:13 at even strength, and 1:22 on the penalty kill. He currently has zero points.

Powe can eat up minutes for the New York Rangers, and plays a similar style with his strong work in the corners, and finishing off his hits on opponents. He'll playing either the wing or center, and is also capable of taking shifts out on the penalty kill.

As for Nick Palmieri, he will be going straight down the Connecticut Whale, where he will get some time to adapt to the organization. Palmieri is still young, and needs to work on his game, so a trip to Connecticut best suits him at this time.

Overall, this is a great move for the Rangers, as well as the Minnesota Wild. The Wild get a tough guy in Rupp who isn't afraid to drop the gloves, and the Rangers get some needed depth players who can eat up minutes. I'll be honest, I'm quite surprised by the return, mainly since the Rangers were able to save some cap space, and get some youth in return as well. Again, another job well done by Mr. Sather.

Thoughts?