New York Rangers News: New York Rangers Recall J.T. Miller And Brandon Mashinter

Bruce Bennett

Following the Mike Rupp trade to Minnesota, the New York Rangers have recalled J.T. Miller and Brandon Mashinter.

According to Katie Strang of ESPN New York, the New York Rangers have recalled forwards J.T. Miller, and Brandon Mashinter from the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. As a result, Benn Ferriero has been returned on loan to the Connecticut Whale. This an interesting day for the Rangers to say the least. First they deal Mike Rupp for a solid depth player in Darroll Powe, and now they recall two players who have been on their game down in Connecticut. The Rangers aren't messing around today.

The Rangers obviously plan on using J.T. Miller in their upcoming games, as they wouldn't hinder his development by allowing him to ride the bench. As for Mashinter, it'll be interesting to see what they do with him. Since being acquired from the San Jose Sharks, he has been solid for the Connecticut Whale with three goals, four assists, and seven points in eight games played with them.

The Rangers will have 12 forwards for tomorrow's game against the New Jersey Devils, so expect that Darroll Powe, Brandon Mashinter, and J.T. Miller will all be in the lineup. The Stu Bickel experiment has likely run it's course, and thank god.

Thoughts?