FanPost

JT Miller contract idea

- Sorry if this should be a fanshot, but with the new site, they barely get any attention.
JT has 3 more games before his slide rule comes into effect leaving the little time to make a decision on to burn a year or hold off.

Maybe Sather could come to an agreement with JT Miller buying out his ELC contract for a 3 year deal. This season and next seasons pay just above his ELC slot and the third season pay double what he would make if we kept him on ELC.

It's a win-win for both sides; Rangers get to keep JT up. JT gets to stay up this season, and slightly more pay than he would make on his current contract. If he is cautious of signing the contract Sather could just threaten to send him down to Whale for the remainder of the season and keep him on his current ELC without the slide. The contract would be extremely affordable and at the age of 22-23 he would be in line to be a UFA, which is his current standing if the contract doesn’t slide.

Thoughts? Is it even allowed in the new CBA?
SB Nation Featured Video