FanPost

No game til Sunday, so....

Let's have some fun:

What's the best trade the Rangers have ever made?

I say it's a three-way tie:

1) The flurry of deals Neil Smith made on deadline day in '94. Stanley Cup rings don't lie, and the Matteau call is immortal (much like the picture of Messier being awarded the chalice).

2) Gomez for McDonaugh (and someone else). A pillar on defense for the next decade for a washed up former Devil. Incredible.

3) Guy Lafluer to Quebec for a 5th round draft pick in 90 (or 89, not sure of year but am certain of the pick). The pick wound up being Sergei Zubov. Speaking of Zubov, is he in game shape? The power play could sure use him...

I left of the Nash deal, but man it's looking excellent so far.