Rangers Vs. Sabres: Ryan Miller Will NOT Start In Net Tonight Against Rangers; Henrik Lundqvist Starts

Bruce Bennett

Ryan Miller is expected to miss tonight's game with a sinus infection, and Jhonas Enroth will get the start.

According to John Vogl of the Buffalo News, Ryan Miller will not start tonight's game against the New York Rangers, as he is dealing with a sinus infection. Jhonas Enroth is expected to get the start for the Buffalo Sabres, while Ryan Miller will remain as the backup. As for the New York Rangers, Henrik Lundqvist is expected to start between the pipes for the Rangers, after getting the day off against the Washington Capitals.

Obviously, this is a huge advantage for the Rangers going into this game, knowing that they won't have to go up against the Ryan Miller. But, we all know how backup goaltenders play when they're facing the Rangers, so it's not ideal to underestimate a backup. Enroth has appeared in a total of four games this season, with two of those appearances being starts. He is currently holding an 0-2-0 record this season, and a 1-1-1 record against the Rangers throughout his entire career.

Tyler Ennis is also expected to miss tonight's game for the Sabres. No other lineup moves were indicated, so don't be surprised to see the New York Rangers go with the same lineup as Sunday.

Thoughts?

SB Nation Featured Video