Rangers Vs. Hurricanes Preview: Rangers Need Big Turnaround Tonight Against Hurricanes

Justin K. Aller

The New York Rangers will need a big outing against the Carolina Hurricanes in order to dig themselves out of their hole.

The New York Rangers will look to end their three game skid tonight as they take on the Carolina Hurricanes tonight at Madison Square Garden. Over the last three games, the Rangers haven't been able to generate much offensive power, as they have only scored two goals in their last three games. While some of the blame may fall on John Tortorella, none of the players are executing much of anything. They hope the change that tonight with a big confidence win on home ice.

VS.

Carolina Hurricanes (15-11-1) vs New York Rangers (13-12-2)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Canes Country | Tickets: New York Rangers Tickets

Some Quick Thoughts:

  • Henrik Lundqvist was the first goalie off at the morning skate, which is a likely sign that he will be getting the start in net tonight. A starting goaltender hasn't been confirmed for the Carolina Hurricanes, but it's expected that Dan Ellis will make the start.
  • According to the practice lines this morning, the Rangers will be loading up their top line with Rick Nash, Brad Richards, and Marian Gaborik. The offense has been struggling for quite some time, so why not try to ignite with your three top guns?
  • The Rangers need to jump out to a quick start tonight, and set the tone for themselves. These last few games, the Rangers started out the game completely flat, and allowed their opponents to jump right in and set the tone in their favor.

Projected Lineup:

Rick Nash - Brad Richards - Marian Gaborik
Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
J.T. Miller - Brian Boyle - Taylor Pyatt
Micheal Haley - Jeff Halpern - Darroll Powe

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Anton Stralman - Michael Del Zotto
Steve Eminger - Roman Hamrlik

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron

Scratches: Arron Asham (back spasms), Stu Bickel (healthy), Matt Gilroy (healthy), Marc Staal (eye)